East Pennsboro Support Staff
Substitute Teacher Service, (STS) has immediate openings for Support Staff positions in East Pennsboro School District.
All applicants must be pre-screened before the on-boarding process can continue. Please contact the STS Supervisor, Meghan Jahnke, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our ideal candidates are highly qualified individuals that can take direction from the teacher or faculty leader to work with one to one with an individual student with special needs. Daily to assist, and support in all capacities of educational, behavioral, and emotional benefits in a professional manner with respect for confidentiality.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Attain and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification (training may be provided by STS)
- Follow directions given by the teacher and/or Special Education Team
- Provide individual and/or small group support to implement specific academic, behavioral, and/or physical accommodations as outlined in the IEP or Section 504 Plan.
- Provide assistance in the development and preparation of instructional materials and adaptive strategies,
- Support inclusion, socialization and independence within the school setting,
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and information,
- Collect and maintain data as required by the student plan for medical assistance logs, daily communication logs, and anecdotal records,
- Provide intensive program level support to students in all classrooms which may include specialized classes of Life Skills, Emotional Support, Autistic Support and Learning Support,
- Provide direct student assistance with monitoring of a medical condition, physical needs, personal care, feeding, and/or toileting (possible exposure to bodily fluids),
- Complete required number of Professional Development ours each year to maintain active status,
- Paid Time Off available, based upon start date
Pay Rate is $12.00 /hour