Hatboro-Horsham Support Staff Openings
Substitute Teacher Service, (STS) is actively recruiting candidates to fill vacancies for FULL TIME PCA and Support Staff positions in the Hatboro Horsham School District.
All applicants must be pre-screened prior to submitting an application. Please contact the STS Supervisor, Nicole Reily, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Support Staff positions will provide group (classroom assistant) and individual (classroom aide or 1:1 assistant) assistance with student academic and behavioral performance; direct student assistance with class work, homework, testing and communication. Personal Care positions will require assistance with monitoring of medical conditions, physical needs, personal care, feeding, and exposure to bodily fluids and/or toileting.
Applicants must have and be able to perform the following:
- Attain and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification (training can be provided by STS)
- Follow directions given by the teacher and/or Special Education Team
- Provide individual and/or small group support to implement specific academic, behavioral, and/or physical accommodations as outlined in the IEP or Section 504 Plan.
- Provide assistance in the development and preparation of instructional materials and adaptive strategies,
- Support inclusion, socialization and independence within the school setting,
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and information,
- Collect and maintain data as required by the student plan for medical assistance logs, daily communication logs, and anecdotal records,
- Provide intensive program level support to students in all classrooms which may include specialized classes of Life Skills, Emotional Support, Autistic Support and Learning Support
- PCA – provide direct student assistance with monitoring of a medical condition, physical needs, personal care, feeding, and/or toileting (possible exposure to bodily fluids)
- Complete required number of Professional Development ours each year to maintain active status
- Paid Time Off available, based upon start date
Applicants must be able to commit to the entire school year (186 days), including in-service days.
Pay Rate Varies by Position:
- PCA- $15.00/ Hour
- Paraprofessional - $13.00/Hour